N64 Nintendo 64 Review
Nintendo 64 – released 1996
The N64 games console is a robust machine that uses innovative controllers too. Nintendo opted to use cartridges for this games console, just like the SNES before it. But, production costs for the cartridges soared and the consumer paid the price. Nowadays, this is not too much of a problem as you can only buy these as used items. Thus, everything you buy should come at reasonable prices, especially on ebay. At the time, the graphics on the N64 were cutting edge indeed. The graphics, of course, is primitive in comparison with modern gaming machines. However, most people look back at the Nintendo 64 with fondness. As well as the 3D game-play, the N64 began to slowly replace the SNES as the games console to own.
Nintendo 64 Accessories
To sum up
At the time, there was no better gaming machine, thus, the N64 was a winner all round. Furthermore, many people who moved with the times, lovingly packed their Nintendo 64 away for future use. Even now, after all this time, old gamers are introducing their children to the machine. Finally, the N64 was a winner then and still is today in the world of the retro gamer!
- 1-4 players and CD quality stereo sound
- Good controllers and lifetime warranty on all consoles
- Many games available
- Loveable game characters - almost zero loading times
- Mariokart and Goldeneye - what more can we say!
- Only runs at 480i and that is with the expansion pak
- Cartridges were expensive when new - cheap now on the second-hand market
- Thumbstick tended to get floppy over time
- Game boxes got tatty due to wear
- Rumble pak needed batteries